Sunday, April 21, 2013

Playing...

Some of my men... the two youngest
were napping
My husband and I were talking briefly about what we envisioned marriage being like years ago before we said "I do".  This topic was but a small portion of a much greater "marriage talk" we were having about recent difficulties I have been having and how we could better the situation.  His comment about what he thought marriage would be included playing.  He says he married me so he could touch and have me and go do things with me... like outside things... like playing... like playing bolo... like pulling kids on the buoy swing... and so on...

Now I am an inside person for many reasons.  I like to make tasty things to eat and even as we were having this conversation I was formulating a plan of making cookies to eat this afternoon... oops, that does not work very well with playing outside with my man now does it! I also have a tiny little man who needs to eat and that can create certain logistical problems in the great outdoors - at least for me.  I like to be clean and tidy.  I do love the outdoor air but love it as I sit in my window and watch the wind make the curtains dance. I think I have said enough on that. :-)

So, in an effort to play with my man I put the cookies out of my mind, gathered up the burp rags and the hungry dude and headed out onto the sunny, breezy porch to at least watch the fun.  We read and talked for a while amidst endless requests to play soccer, play bolo and pull kids on the buoy swing.  Finally, we had our fill of talking with each other and began play time.  Of course that is a bit of a lie seeing as I might never grow tired of talking with my guy but he didn't list talking in his list of things that envisioned in marriage so playing it was.  I ended up playing bolo with a little tyke from down the street as Nate pulled kids on the buoy swing.

It was fun to watch, fun to gather in all that fresh air, fun to smile and laugh, fun to see the wide open smiles on my kids faces as they nearly touched tree branches high up in the air.  I guess the cookies can happen on a rainy day for I have played with my guy today and even though the cookies sounded more fun at first, playing was fun too!








2 comments:

  1. Alright--you didn't mention the part where you color/pattern coordinated everyone's outfits for playing outside! ;) My kids usually didn't even coordinate with themselves--much less their entire family--when they went outside to play. ;-) Everyone looks healthy and happy! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! We did try to take family photos this morning before church which was a slight disaster...we did get pictures but it was about 35 degrees and sunny...go figure. :) Nice catch. (Nathan)

    ReplyDelete