Monday, October 15, 2012

10 Weeks and Counting!

The weeks are rolling along so fast!  I was telling Nathan that it feels like I go from Monday straight to Friday and back again.  When I realize that this new little bundle will be joining us in just 10 Mondays and Fridays it nearly sends me reeling... I have so much to do before that!  I have school to teach, Christmas to prepare and buy for, five kiddos to love every day, a home to keep up, baby things I want to knit or crochet, and a birth-bag to pack in the event this little one doesn't want to stay in for the hour and fifteen minute drive to Wilmington, just to name a few. Whew!

All that said, I am growing more and more excited to see who this little one is.  I can't wait to see if it has long black hair like Jeffrey and Anani had, short brown hair like the others, or maybe none at all.  I can't wait to see if it is a boy or a girl and to discover its personality.  I also can't wait to see the excitement of all my little ones as they meet and welcome this new brother or sister. For months I had been a bit overwhelmed at the thought of having a new little one to tend along with the others but that concern was lessened one day as I watched my youngest "tend" his teddy bear at the table.  He was so intent on taking care of his "dolly" and feeding it that it dawned on me that I am far from alone in this new venture!  This little one has a whole family of ready helpers, ready lovers, and ready tenders to meet it when it comes!

Practicing for the new baby!



I love to have special pictures to put in each of my kids baby books to show how I looked when I was pregnant with them.  Often my favorite pictures comes from a spur-of-the-moment photo shoot on a lovely day.  Well, that lovely day came and as Nathan was at work I had to hire some budding photographers.  There was quite a bit of training and picture-by-picture instructions but they turned out pretty well in the end!  Thanks to my two older boys for their photographic expertise, I have a lovely slide show to share with my little one when he or she gets older!





1 comment:

  1. How Cute!!!! Love that you included loving your kids as part of your daily routine...such a good Mom. How clever to have the kids take your pictures. I'm excited for you, I hope the next ten weeks include lots of rest. Leah

    ReplyDelete