Monday, September 17, 2012

Baby Guessing....

So, the weeks are rolling by at a rather rapid pace!  While I am just getting my mind wrapped around the reality of another little one joining our family, this little one has developed cute little feet that push out and wiggles all over the place letting his or her presence be known all day and, sometimes, all night too. :-)

We usually don't find out what we are having and this baby has been no exception although I must confess to wishing we knew most days.  I generally don't mind not finding out as I love old wives tales and the various tricks of the trade to help me in my guessing.  However, with this little one I took time to look over over the records from my previous pregnancies and discovered that some of those "tales" don't seem to be true for me!  For example, it is generally supposed that the faster heartbeats belong to little ladies and the slower belong to little men.  I always remembered Jeffrey's dropping down to 119 which seemed pretty slow to me but I couldn't quite remember the other's heartbeats.  I pulled my records for when Anani was born and had a sad realization.  Her heartbeat was right in the middle of all my boys!  The 130s and 140s!  That really blew my ambitions of secretly discovering the baby's gender!  There are other ways to make guesses but I don't have the necessary info to help me in those decisions so here I find myself without much of a clue and it is killing me!

I honestly am getting and ever increasing hunch that it may be a boy but I could be wrong about that one!  After all, what method makes me think that?  The heartbeat..! :-)  Last appointment the baby was quite active and had been for about 30 minutes and the heartbeat only hit the 130s so that does look low but didn't I just say that Anani's was in the 130s and that "tale" doesn't seem to hold true for me?  You see what a problem I have with my hunches and love of guessing? :-)  Disastrous I must say!

So while I sit here and crochet cute, ruffly, pink diaper covers and blue rompers with bears on the tush, I thought I would ask for your help in my joy of guessing. Let me know what you think!  I know it is all guessing but I do think it is fun!  You can also guess for when the baby will arrive and how big it might be.  I will say that if you get wind of a date Nate is suspecting, go with his guess as he has called the day for the last two babies!

Here are the stats:

Due date: December 26, 2012 (the date I am going with) or January 4, 2013 as determined by a super fast ultrasound.

Measurements: Completely normal

Heartbeat: Ranging from 130's to 150

Previous babies:

39 weeks, 8lb 11oz, boy
33 weeks, 5lb 1oz, girl
37 weeks, 7lb 5oz, boy
40 weeks, 10lb, boy
39 weeks, 8lb 15oz, boy

24 Weeks


2 comments:

  1. Well all I can say is your lucky you can see feet and/or joints! With two smooshed inside I don't know how often I'll actually see them. I feel them (they're both head down!!) but not on a consistent basis. Yesterday was the first day I felt one of them while standing! It may not help having my ginormous placenta in the front of my stomach though. : )

    I too looked into the old wives tales: the "zipper" hair growing, the heart rate etc but can't really agree with them. My girls have always been 10 beats per min apart and have been as high as the 170s and as low as the 140s. It seems to have dropped as they've gotten older.

    So, all that to say, I'm guessing it's a girl. Two reasons: it would be fun to both have girls at the same time and the other is that you've only got one girl (that we know of) so far! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. December 23rd, 8 lbs 8 oz - girl! Okay 'girl' flew off my fingertips and I remembered, I feel like it's a boy, too! Sooo.....one or the other? ;) I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete